4 months ago
MERJE is currently working exclusively with an international business based in the centre of Manchester. This is an exciting opportunity for a Commercial Finance Analyst to support the Commercial Finance Manager by providing clear and effective partnering and planning to their respective Divisions. Working as part of the Finance team, the Commercial Finance Analyst will support in the development of the finance function brand across the organisation, as an efficient and professional team that enables commercial growth. The role also supports the preparation of the monthly management accounts by being a key player in the month end accounting.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a part qualified Accountant / Finance Analyst, seeking a challenge in a very fast paced, digital Retailer/ Financial Services business. Alongside supporting the production of monthly management accounts, the right person for this role will enjoy interpreting and managing commercial and financial data and be comfortable providing insight and solutions that can directly influence senior commercial decisions within the business.
Responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for financial reporting and forecasting, provide quality financial analysis, insightful commentaries to the business and support to the Commercial Finance Manager,
- Specific responsibly for production of monthly management accounts for the divisions and with preparation of budgets and forecasts
- Focus on KPI delivery and reporting with a strong emphasis on customer service
- Act as SME for the recently implemented Oracle Fusion Financial system to support divisional users in embedding and optimising the investment
- Verification of actual costs and preparation of accruals, prepayments and journals
- Reconciliation of all labour costs and preparation of division resource reports with supporting insightful commentary
- Ensure that the business partners comply with the approved financial processes including all documentation, reports and plans, ensuring they are relevant, accurate and have a complete audit trail
- Supports Commercial Finance Manager by championing change management; driving improvements to financial accountability across the Divisions and improving and standardising financial processes to improve overall efficiency; identifying and contributing to business improvement opportunities
- Enhance commercial understanding by ensuring that all stakeholders understand their responsibilities for the overall financial goals of their Divisions and the business, embedding commercial mind-set and governance
- Ad hoc analysis and provision of financial advice as required to support Finance Team, decision-making and monitoring of financial performance.
To be considered for this role, candidates must:
- Strong MS Office skills, particularly Excel, experience of Oracle Fusion Financial Systems and TM1 is desirable not essential
- Demonstrated ability to quickly appraise commercial data, identify key issues, make timely recommendations
- Good interpersonal relationships
- Ability to influence and communicate commercial language in 1:1 and 1: group situations with a variety of media
- Naturally inquisitive with a desire to understand, learn, develop and share knowledge
Alongside a competitive salary you will receive 24 days holiday plus bank holidays, Holiday purchase scheme where you can purchase up to 10 additional days, great Pension scheme, Private Medical, as well as huge discounts across all of their websites.