£40,000 - £50,000 dependent on experience
6 months ago
MERJE is looking for an experienced Commercial Underwriter to join a leading finance business, to provide commercial based underwriting decisions through the detailed analysis of customer accounts and other related information.
You will be joining an established organisation with a 30+ year history of providing exceptional service and affordable finance solutions to businesses and individuals across the UK & Ireland. A considerate and collaborative environment of around 400 employees across 2 offices.
On offer is a salary of around £40,000 - £50,000 dependent on experience, plus pension, medical, dental, 25 days’ holiday and various other benefits.
This company is unable to provide sponsorship
Key Responsibilities of the Commercial Underwriter:
- Efficiently underwrite cases within individual mandate level (£200k)
- Review client credit reports, the internet, balance sheets, accounts and cash flow models to assess risk levels and underwrite appropriately
- Support with analysis and preparation of large value cases, providing a recommendation to the higher level approval authority
- Ensure that underwriting complies with the Credit Procedural Manual, relevant external legislation and all Service Level Agreements
- Continuously look for improvement opportunities in the underwriting process
Ideal knowledge and experience for the Commercial Underwriter role:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in commercial credit underwriting
- Able to manage priorities effectively in a busy, fast-paced environment
- Understanding of reading audited and unaudited balance sheets, cash flow statements and other company financial reports
- Highly numerate, analytics, accurate and excellent attention to detail
Please note, should feedback not be received within 28 days due to the large volume of applications, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.