£70,000 + Benefits
4 months ago
My client is looking for a Collections Manager by leading and managing the performance of the Collection team’s activities within the Contact Centre. Oversee the successful implementation of all strategic initiatives within Collections in order to undertake the collection of arrears across a variety of financial products, in line with the credit risk plan and customer experience. Leading a Collections department in the Collections Contact Centre whose core responsibility is the delivery of positive, appropriate and sustainable outcomes for our customers which help them to regain financial stability.
- Work with Operations Management, in particular the Head of Call Centre Operations and the company Quality Analyst to support process improvement.
- Oversee operational performance and minimizes risks for the area/function.
- Working / collaboration with the Collection Strategy team.
- Ensure compliance to policy and procedure, thus minimising conduct risk exposure.
- Lead performance at a departmental level.
- Responsible for optimizing the efficiency and effectiveness of their area.
- Establish and manage the internal/external operational activities required for delivering positive, sustainable outcomes for our customers across a variety of financial products in line with defined conduct standards and credit loss plan.
- Review Collection calls weekly and monthly.
- Attend Monthly Collection meetings.
- Coach representatives while on the phone and off the phone to produce better outcomes for the customer
- Ensure that the Collection team are conducting activities with appropriate level of active listening skills and empathy
- Work with third parties and internal stakeholders to review and refine call quality KPIs and benchmarking techniques.
Experience and knowledge
- Experience working in relevant market/context, i.e. Collections Operation.
- A track record of delivering significant change which improves business effectiveness in sustainable ways
- Proven experience of leading the delivery of an excellent customer service and proactively look for innovative ways to improve the service delivered to customers.
- A comprehensive understanding of risk management and proven experience of ensuring own/others' compliance with relevant regulatory processes
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Stakeholder management across internal and external departments
- Analytical skills to evaluate performance and identify improvement opportunities
- Excel and word literate.