about 1 year ago
My client is looking for a Collections Manager to oversee the business financial collection department. Supervising staff to ensure all money owed to the company is received correctly and in a timely fashion.
- Managing the workload of the department, prioritising and delegating effectively to ensure workflows are executed to a high standard and within SLAs at all times.
- Actively managing performance through daily call listening/observation, coaching, 1-2-1 reviews and annual appraisals, with the assistance of HR where necessary.
- Managing the collections and recoveries teams to maximise cash collection and reduce debtor days.
- Participates in hiring, ensure supplemental Quality Assurance (QA) and training programs are conducted for the team as needed and administer disciplinary actions in accordance with HR Policies.
- Delivering against the firm’s objectives and KPIs – targeting a reduction in credit risk across the customer portfolio.
- Lead a team which manages customers through the whole loan life cycle, focused on ensuring fair outcomes for customers.
- Work with senior management to provide data regarding daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and yearly goals and results. Understand new trends, expectations, and information to communicate back to the team.
- Ensuring compliance with the firm’s collections policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Work with the Learning and Development Manager to specify training requirements at a service level and track the outcomes of the training as appropriate.
- Ensuring the reduction of customer complaint volumes within Collections & Recoveries.
- Conduct calibration sessions with QA to understand and address quality trends and to ensure that the team sustains high performance.
- Ensuring adherence to business continuity planning requirements.
Skills & Experience:
- Excellent organisational skills Skill in focusing on desired results, prioritisation, clarifying next steps, and delegating effectively to meet deadlines, and achieve desired results.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to develop strong working relationships at all levels, both internally and externally.
- Experience of implementing collections strategy and taking a lead in translating strategy into working plans and actions.
- Excellent people manager with a track record of motivating teams and individuals to perform to a high standard and work towards a common goal.
- Organisational skills and the ability to understand detailed information.
- Numeracy skills, with strong IT skills
- A proven track record of ‘making a difference’
- Experience of dialler technology
- A sound working knowledge of relevant regulation (FCA, OFCOM and ICO) with the ability to apply principles to all daily activities.