£35,000 - £40,000
7 days ago
My client is looking for a Collections Manager to manage a collection function, working closely with internal departments and 3rd party Debt Collection Agencies. The individual will also have a good understanding of the regulatory guidelines within the UK.
- Being responsible for the co-ordination and delivery of all Collections processes (both customer and retailer) within the UK business.
- Providing direction and guidance to the third-party agencies to ensure all collections activities are completed in line with contractual and regulatory requirements.
- Oversight of the UK Vulnerable Customer policy and responsible for ensuring it is being adhered to.
- Working closely with Customer Service, Finance and Collections (AUS) to manage all of the operational collections processes
- Management of the daily payments file and reconciliation with 3rd party agencies
- Management of the chargeback processes
- Managing and handling customer complaints relating to collections
- Providing reconciliation of accounts (including monthly invoices) with Finance and third-party agencies
- Managing the collections process for retailers
- Point of escalation for any Collection enquiries
- Implementation and oversight of the quality of work carried out by 3rd party agencies – including ensuring they adhere to agreed scripting and messaging as well as review and follow up in relation to any complaints received by them.
Experience & Skills
- Be a self-starter and be flexible
- Have experience in Financial Services and collections preferably within a regulated environment
- Have a good knowledge of the FCA handbook specifically relating to Debt Management
- Highly developed communication and influencing skills with ability to build relationships across the organisation at all levels
- Experience of working in a customer focused role
- Attention to detail and accuracy