6 months ago
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday, between the hours of 8:30 -18:00 (no weekends!)
We are looking for a telephone negotiator (minimum 6 months experience) to join a thriving team within our Manchester office maximising the collection of overdue secured and unsecured accounts.
The purpose of this role is to maximise the collection of overdue debt and provide a professional and informative primary point of contact for all customers whilst maintaining the highest level of customer service. The successful candidate must have experience within a telephone based collections role.
You will have a positive telephone manner and assertive negotiation skills whilst being a good communicator. Previous knowledge of a consumer or financial market would be advantageous. You must be confident dealing with clients and have good communication skills and be able to demonstrate a high level of customer service. A team player you will be looking to join a well-respected organisation in which you will find a supportive working environment and excellent routes for career progression.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- To process inbound and outbound calls, contacting customers with overdue accounts to negotiate prompt payment within defined timescales
- To record all customer contact accurately on the collections system
- Treat all customers fairly, professionally and at within legislation and codes of practice
- Deal with general account enquiries and take routine payments from customers
- Update account information (address / contact details, bank details and payment method)
- Liaise with other departments on behalf of customers to resolve problems
- Record customer complaints and relevant information accurately in accordance with complaints procedure
- Transfer calls to other departments as required
- Follow established collections processes and procedures
- Work effectively as part of a team
- Maintain department standards at all times
In addition to your competitive basic salary we have an exciting benefits package including a contributory pension scheme, critical illness cover, health cash plan, death in service, discounted legal services, 25 days hols (this increases with length of service), discounted online shopping, season ticket loans, childcare vouchers.
Please note that all successful applicants will be subject to a Criminal Records Bureau check, a credit check and a Fraud Prevention database check
Keywords: collections, collections advisor, payment negotiator, debt negotiator, telephone negotiator, debt advisor, collections adviser,