£25,000 - £30,000
16 days ago
My client is looking for a Collections & Recovery Officer to work closely with third party service providers, responsible for the key strategic decisions on more serious arrears. The Commercial portfolio is a combination of residential and business mortgages. To ensure that the strategy adopted mitigates against losses from bad debt whilst complying with the regulatory requirements the Bank operates within.
- Responsible for making the key strategic decisions and recovery of arrears on more serious arrears cases across the Commercial Mortgage portfolio.
- Direct contact with the customer will also be required from time to time by either telephone or face to face.
- To comply with the requirements of the regulatory regime within which the bank operates whilst ensuring the necessary documentation detailing strategies and policies are kept up to date.
- Interact daily with external contacts to include solicitors, asset managers, receivers and independent customer account managers and escalate any issues to the Senior C&R Manager.
- To monitor compliance with all SLA’s addressing issues when required and escalating where necessary.
- To provide cover in the absence of the Senior C&R Manager. This will include, production of MI and attendance at meetings to provide a performance update, this may include the Commercial Risk Director.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Educated to a GCSE (or equivalent) standard
- Proven track record and at least 2 years’ experience in dealing with collections/litigation accounts in a banking environment or equivalent in the commercial or residential mortgage industry
- Knowledge of the commercial or residential mortgage business is essential
- Understanding and awareness of DPA / GDPR and legislative requirements
- Able to work on own initiative and to contribute to the C&R team objectives
- Ability to build productive relationships with internal and external stakeholders