£22,000 to £25,000 (depending on experience)
5 months ago
Start Date: ASAP
Hours: 35 hours per week Mon – Fri 9am – 5pm
My client is looking for an experienced Vulnerable Customer Specialist to join their team in their recently refurbished offices. You will be responsible for dealing with the vulnerable customer from start to finish, not just identifying their vulnerability and passing over to another team, so my client is looking for this experience. This is not a typical FS organisation and has a real “family feel” to the organisation.
The key purpose of this role is to, along with other team members, support Vulnerable Customers who require individually tailored solutions due to difficult personal circumstances and supporting the Collections and Recoveries Team.
This involves speaking with Vulnerable Customers regarding queries and problems with their mortgage, assisting with the completion/provision of income & expenditure forms, investigating and monitoring mortgage interest/benefit agency payments, arranging payment schedules and agreeing arrangements for clearance of arrears whilst providing excellent customer service for those in difficult circumstances.
- Ensure Vulnerable Customers are identified and supported appropriately
- Support Vulnerable Customers by understanding and identifying borrowers needs to ensure best outcome for their individual circumstances
- Exemplary call handling and effective management of emotions even in the most extreme circumstances such as handling suicide calls
- Display an awareness of a wide range of support available for both borrowers and colleagues
- Understand and utilise different tools and techniques such as TEXAS, CARERS and IDEA when supporting our Vulnerable Customers
- Respond to all enquiries, whether received by telephone, in writing or in person, efficiently and in accordance with the Bank’s Collections Policies
- Interact with OSB’s outsourced back office operational team providing advice/assistance and support with Vulnerable Customers
- Work within the company’s Vulnerable Customer policy focussing on suitable customer outcomes
- Ensure compliance with all statutory and regulatory requirements for mortgage arrears with particular emphasis on treating customers fairly (TCF)
- Undertake other duties as requested by Line Manager
- Maintain the company’s compliance standards and ensure timely completion of all mandatory on-line training modules and attestations
- 12m experience in a vulnerable customer specialist role is essential.
- 12m experience in a collections or arrears role within the Financial Services industry is desirable.
- Previous experience in a role relating to mortgage products is desirable
- Intermediate level skills in Microsoft Word and Excel are essential
Due to the amount of applications we receive, we are not always able to respond to each application, therefore, if you have not heard from us within 28 days of applying, you have been unsuccessful with your application.