£24000-£28000 DOE + Benefits
Full time, permanent - 35hours / 9am-5pm
We have an opportunity for an experienced Collections Agent to join a forward-thinking innovative team based in Wolverhampton.
We are looking for Collection Agents with excellent communication skills, a strong work ethic and the ability to work to deadlines. Collection Agents will communicate with customers who are in arrears, primarily via telephone and occasionally using written communication.
Collections Agent Role:
The key purpose of this role is to, along with other team members, ensure the efficient and timely collection of residential, buy to let and commercial early arrears, maintaining a pro-active collections strategy.
This involves telephoning and interviewing borrowers regarding queries and problems with their mortgage, assisting with the completion/provision of income & expenditure forms, investigating and monitoring mortgage interest/benefit agency payments, arranging payment schedules and agreeing arrangements for clearance of arrears.
Collections Agent Responsibilities:
- Respond to all enquiries, whether by telephone or email, in accordance with company policies.
- Process monthly arrears workloads effectively utilising the arrears forbearance toolkit.
- Interact with the operation team providing advice, assistance and quality checking all work before the release of correspondence.
- Identify accounts to be considered for litigation.
- Preparing litigation and conveyancing instructions and liaising with external service providers.
- Amend mortgage accounts as necessary ensuring accurate entry onto computer system.
- Raise charges, debit accounts, and write to borrower as appropriate and necessary.
- Provision of MI and updates to the Management team.
- Ensure a consistently high quality of customer service to both external and internal customers is provided.
- Achieve the company's arrears targets.
- Ensure compliance with all statutory and regulatory requirements for mortgage arrears with particular emphasis on treating customers fairly (TCF).
- Ensure that you fully understand and comply with the organisation's Risk Management & Data Governance Policies as they relate to your area of responsibility and demonstrate in your day-to-day work that you put customers at the heart of everything you do and treat data as an important corporate asset which must be protected and managed.
- Maintain the company's compliance standards and ensure timely completion of all mandatory on-line training modules and attestations
Experience & Skills:
- 12 months' minimum collections experience ideally within a regulated environment.
- A positive telephone manner and strong negotiation skills.
- Recognise and deal with customers' sensitive circumstances and ensure the appropriate action is taken.
- Ability to prioritise, be organised and efficient.
- Friendly and helpful approach.
- Experience in working in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong Microsoft Word and Excel skills are essential.
- Basic product knowledge regarding commercial, buy to let and residential mortgages is desirable.
Due to the nature of the work undertaken, confirmation of employment will be subject to a variety of checks- Employment references, ID, DBS, Credit check.
Please note, should feedback not be received within 28 days due to the large volume of applications, unfortunately, your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.