£23,000 - £27,000 depending on experience
5 months ago
The Salary: £23,000 - £27,000 depending on experience
Start Date: ASAP
Location Central London (Cannon Street)
Hours: 9am - 5.30pm, Mon-Fri with occasional overtime available on Saturday's
The Company & Role Overview:
We are working with our client, based in London who are offering short term loans to customers. They have an opening for Collections staff within their fresh and vibrant offices. This is a family run business and a fun place to work, progression opportunities will be available as the company grows. The role will be taking multi-channel contacts from customers including inbound (50%) & outbound (25%) calls, emails and SMS (25%).
The ideal Collections Agent will be excited about the opportunity to help both lenders and borrowers reach a mutually agreed upon payment plan to settle existing past due accounts. As a debt collection specialist you’ll work with debtors on a daily basis, negotiating with clients to come to a payment plan suitable for all parties. We’re looking for someone who is persistent in the face of obstacles and difficult clients.
The ideal Collections Agent will be joining a relatively new business who are in their early days, so must be adaptable to change, it’s a dynamic company with positive and motivated staff, who take constructive feedback well and look at it as a training tool, resilience and adaptability are two key skills needed to do this job.
- Handling inbound and initiating outbound telephone calls, letters and emails with the greatest level of care, accuracy and customer service skills
- Negotiating, implementing and monitoring feasible repayment solutions that take into account the client's circumstances while balancing the best interests of the business
- Investigate and resolve complaints regarding incorrect debt collection attempts
- Manage multiple accounts for delinquency and debt collection efforts
- Locate and contact debtors about outstanding obligations
- Compile reports on delinquent accounts and report missed payments to credit agencies
- Send out overdue notices for delinquent accounts or for missed settlement payments
- Report address changes and maintain files regarding debtors for correct and current contact information
- Represent the company in communication with partners
- Adhere to company policies and procedures
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience within a debt collection or Financial Services contact centre
- Understanding of consumer lending, collection functions and/or call centre functions
- Demonstrated skill in negotiating and resolving conflicts
- Ability to speak persuasively and listen critically
- Ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines
- Prioritise multiple tasks to ensure the successful completion of each debt collection attempt
- Competitive salary
- Dynamic and international working environment
- Strong growth and training opportunities
- Friendly team and informal atmosphere
- Using English on a daily basis
- Unique company culture
Due to the amount of CV’s we receive, we are not able to respond to each application, therefore, if we do not respond to you within 7 days of your CV being sent, you will not have been shortlisted for this vacancy.