Shifts between 8-8 and 1 in 3 Saturdays 8.30- 12.30
What we are looking for in a candidate!
• Strong communication skills, including explaining complex ideas in a simple way
• Emotional resilience- being able to deal with difficult situations everyday
• Customer service experience
• Computer literate
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• The ability to show empathy and build rapport
• Ability to plan, organise and self-motivate
• A positive attitude and be a good team player
• Problem solving and influencing skills, with a desire to help people resolve their financial difficulties
As a Collections Specialist you will engage with our customers who are experiencing financial difficulties and struggling to maintain their mortgage repayments. By listening, demonstrating an empathetic approach and building rapport, you will attempt to find a realistic solution that is tailored to their individual circumstances in line with our procedures. You will consistently demonstrate excellent communication skills and customer service whilst having strong emotional resilience to hold difficult conversations and guide our customers to the best outcome.
In your day to day you will
• Provide empathetic support and service to customers in difficult circumstances, including vulnerable customers, at all times, building rapport and finding appropriate forbearance solutions tailored to individual needs, helping customers stay in their homes wherever possible.
• Develop excellent customer understanding by exploring past, present and future customer circumstances (gathering and analysing at times complex information) , following the ‘call guidance’ (and delivering against all regulatory requirements), and determining the best solutions for the individual customer including using third parties (e.g. field agents) and signposting (e.g. to debt charities) where appropriate.
• Effectively present all possible solutions to the Customer, in line with policies and procedures, explaining the advantages and disadvantages of each and making recommendations accordingly.
• Maintain a good understanding of the Debt Management and Conduct Risk Policies and all relevant standards and procedures, to ensure adherence in all day to day activities.
• Deliver outstanding personal service, communicating with customers sometimes dealing with difficult situations, demonstrating a clear customer focus and tailoring solutions to individual needs and circumstances.
• Demonstrate excellent listening and negotiation skills, solving at times complex problems, in day to day telephone call handling and excellent written skills for system notes and when tailored letters to customers are required. Work closely with Customer Support Specialists and Team Leaders in order to identify and escalate more complex arrears cases where more bespoke solutions may be required.
• Identify and resolve customer complaints at first point of contact, or escalate appropriately.
• Achieve Mortgage Services KPI’s across a range of quality and quantity measures
• Complete reports and other ad hoc tasks as required by Team Leaders and Managers
• Adopt a flexible approach to working additional/different hours to support the business during busy periods.
Please note, should feedback not be received within 28 days due to the large volume of applications, unfortunately, your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.