Claims Team Leader
Monday - Friday Full-time, Permanent, 35 Hours P/W
From £35,000 depending on experience/qualifications
Due to business growth, we are currently seeking a highly competent Motor Claims professional to join us on a full-time and permanent basis in our busy office. This position is ideal for someone who has gained senior level experience in all aspects of Motor Claims and is looking for the next step up in their career with a forward-thinking company who will fully support your career progression and reward your achievements!
Team Leader Responsibilities:
- Provide point of contact for any incoming carrier, cover holder or broker query or complaints and ensuring these are actioned as appropriate.
- Manage complaints at all levels with confidence with minimum assistance from Head of Claims /Director of Operations.
- Consistently provide outstanding customer service, ensuring the claims process is as stress-free as possible for the policy holder.
- Coach and mentor staff providing the relevant training as part of that role.
- Provide support and advice to junior staff on a daily basis.
- Monitor the department's workload, prioritise staff tasks and ensure no backlog is allowed to develop.
- Chair team meetings, promote positivity and pro-activity where required.
- Complete team reports, provide MI to Managers, Department heads and Directors as needed.
- Manage effective team audits and feedback; promote the development of team members.
- Assist with the recruitment and selection activity for the department. To work alongside HR department to ensure positions are filled promptly.
- To advise and work with HR department to apply practical performance management solutions and to ensure that individual performance issues are dealt with in a timely, professional and legal manner.
- To provide a balanced approach to issues of conduct or capability by ensuring that employees are treated with fairness and consistency in line with the Company culture and procedures.
- To complete employee appraisals and associated paperwork in a timely manner· Represent the company in a professional way.
What we look for:
- Have experience of dealing with claimants' vehicle and credit hire claims, including both pre-litigation matters, point of contact for Delegated Authority matters, and some non-Delegated matters.
- Demonstrate expert knowledge and appropriate arguments and case law in respect of credit hire claim, be able to demonstrate this is in claims negotiations, including training and mentoring others in the same practice, plus liaison with Claims Trainer where appropriate.
- Ability to identify Indemnity and Fraud as needed and also liaise with company Fraud Controller as required.
- Have previously handled complaints and aware of FOS handling guidelines.
- Be prepared to manage handler's portfolios and assist where needed with claims, post, and telephones to settle claims as per company processes.
- Dip CII (or working towards) would be advantageous.
- Proven ability to mentor, coach and manage staff.
- Strong customer service and computer skills
- Minimum 5 GCSE passes at Grade C or above including English and Maths
Team Leader Benefits:
- Generous holiday allowance increasing with length of service.
- Birthday day off and half-day off for seasonal shopping.
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Discounted sports and social activities
- Support with industry-relevant qualifications
- Free on-site parking
- Casual dress code, free allocation of branded clothing.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- A cash bonus for going above and beyond.