£28,000 - £33,000
3 months ago
As an experienced Claims Litigation Manager you will have full responsibility for supervision of the clients claims litigation team in Leeds. This is to include and is not limited to client service, assist the team with the on-boarding and training of all new starters, to supervise the overall quality within the team, and to ensure that there is full SLA compliance together with full use of the Visualfiles system and MI compliance.
The role is to ensure that a quality service is delivered to the client and is, as a minimum, in full compliance with the SLA.
You will be learning from industry leading experts in a friendly and committed working environment and get involved in a variety of tasks such as:
- Ensure that action plans are delivered in accordance with all clients the SLAs and cases are progressed efficiently and in accordance with the action plan road map whilst adding value for the client.
- Ensure that your supervisees are only undertaking targeted and worthwhile investigations that add value to the case.
- Check every action plan of your supervisee before it goes to client and amend as necessary and provide training to the individual as needed.
- Ensure that the action plan is a roadmap of the case with targeted and sensible further investigations only, and that legal advice as to prospects of success is given. Each case plan must contain a clear summary of the next steps including full details of the offers to be made and the next review point with critical dates added into VF (Manager responsibility to check)
- Ensure that the evidence has been adequately assessed before recommending to settle or fight a case- including, if appropriate, that witnesses have been assessed
- Discuss amendments of action plans (unless nominal) with the supervisee in every case, and explain why the changes were made and explain how they should improve. Discuss the evidence and the way in which the case can be proven.
- Ensure that the correct templates are followed and VF is fully used.
- Ensure you have reviewed every decision to settle a claim, as part of your report review so that you are content with the recommendation to the client. Ensure it is sound and that the adequate investigations have been done. Where appropriate [and this will be rarely] make the call/ send the email to the client yourself to ensure client is happy with decision to settle or otherwise ensure the client knows you have had input into the decision.
Experience is essential and we are also interested in someone with:
- Management of teams and individual performance dashboards – To fully use and support the use of dashboards across the team, understand the key metrics that can drive quick, successful outcomes whilst being in the position to mentor those you supervise in how to read it and use it to get the best performance results
- Ensure that essential documents such as defences, applications etc are legally sound and correctly drafted on all of your supervisees’ cases.
- Ensure that any case coming to trial is reviewed by you at least 6 weeks before the trial date, and a discussion is had with the supervisee about tactics, chances of success and reserve. Ensure that an appropriate report is issued to the client with an advice as to whether the case should continue to trial or not.
- Ensure all MI is completed and accurate.
- Monitor workloads for your supervisees and discuss any allocation/ workload issues with the relevant manager.
- Ensure that you monitor the court diary and that dates are not missed by the supervisees.
- Encourage supervisees to come to you regularly on files, especially when they need advice. Ensure that the managerial input is recorded on the file.
Are you a dynamic and passionate individual with Insurance experience gained within a busy and fast paced environment?
Then we would love to hear from you!!
Benefits package and flexible working:
We want you to feel valued and rewarded. We understand the importance of offering you a reward package that goes beyond simply salary. You can pick from a range of benefits, allowing you to build a package that suits your needs and lifestyle, as well as those of your family. In addition to our standard benefits (medical insurance, life insurance, pension and 25 days annual leave), we offer flexible benefits which include season ticket loans, gym memberships, health assessments, cycle to work, retail vouchers, a buy as you earn share scheme and dining cards. You will also have access to additional wellbeing programs such as an online GP and a Healthy Minds helpline.
We welcome applications from people looking for a flexible or [partly] agile role. We are happy to explore your preferred working patterns as part of your application.
Your new role:
Please note, should you not receive feedback within 28 days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.