This is an exciting opportunity to join a friendly and supportive team as a Claims Handler.
Mon – Fri (36 hours per week)
About the role
· In this Specialist role you will proactively contact and convert ‘non fault’ third parties to take advantage of our repair and mobility services and solutions, whilst providing a high standard of customer service.
· Ideally you will come from an insurance background and either have experience in motor insurance or an interest in this. If you have a naturally persuasive, engaging personality we’d also love to hear from you.
· We support our employees in their career progression and growth and want you to develop your experience, learn new skills and progress in whichever way you choose. So if you are ambitious and have brilliant work ethic then we could be the place for you to further your career.
What will you do in this role?
· Proactively offer the benefits of using our network of repairers and hire providers to ‘non fault’ third parties.
· Use a variety of communication approaches to contact third parties to help them manage their predicament, building rapport and a positive relationship to help deliver the right outcome
· Negotiate effectively with third party stakeholders and suppliers to ensure a ‘fair settlement’ is achieved for all parties
· Proactively manage the department priorities such as monitoring ongoing hire and repair
· Identify and report any concerns in relation to potential fraud or instances of identified fraud; act as appropriate.
· Negotiate effectively to control costs
What are we looking for?
· Able to demonstrate excellent customer service skills; using persuasion and influence to deliver the right outcome
· Demonstrable ability to show empathy when dealing with difficult situations, maintaining a professional and caring approach.
· Able to demonstrate confidence and an ability to take ownership for own decisions within the established authority limits and parameters
· Able to think creatively to identify and manufacture/develop solutions to meet customer and business needs
· Able to demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills, including an ability to express complex information in straightforward terms where required.
· Able to demonstrate good planning, prioritising and organisation skills.
· Has a positive attitude and a flexible approach to change and team working
· Great career path with lots of progression opportunities
· A place where your health & wellbeing really matter - cycle to work scheme, Gympass, mental health experts, a specialised headspace app, a multitude of health and wellness resources
· Maternity pay, paternity leave and 6.6 weeks’ holidays
· Pension scheme, life assurance, sickness benefit
· Save as you earn and buy as you earn schemes
· A Colleague Discount card
· 20% Off Insurance Products