£175,000 - £200,000 + Bonus + Equity + Executive Benefits
over 1 year ago
Our client is a highly successful PE backed organisation engaged within the Property Development sector.
They are seeking a candidate of suitable calibre to assume the role of Chief Financial Officer. Reporting to and working very closely with the Chief Executive Officer this is a senior management role with a large amount of autonomy, requiring significant operational capacity coupled with entrepreneurial flair.
Your responsibilities will focus on the following areas:
- To work as a partner with the Chief Executive in developing and overseeing the implementation of the Corporate Strategy to underpin the growth of the business.
- To play a major role in the investment decisions essential to the growth of the business
- To take primary responsibility for all financial matters relating to the business including bank relationships.
- Take a leading role in managing the relationship with the stakeholders, financial institutions, Joint Venture partner’s external auditors, tax advisors and other key suppliers including taking a lead in negotiating new funding.
- To play a major role in the investment decisions essential to the growth of the business.
- Support and lead future liquidity and/or exit events
- To take overall responsibility for the Finance team, offering development and guidance as necessary
- To insure that all key decisions, asset investments and major acquisitions are supported by proper evaluations.
- To develop and implement robust finance systems, ensuring these are fit for purpose as the business grows.
- To manage effectively the expenditure and cash flow of the business
- Responsible for producing the annual financial statements and accounts, ensuring a clean audit report and that the accounts follow best financial practice
The successful candidate will
- Be a professionally qualified Finance Director with significant experience of the property development and Investment sectors.
- Have experience of developing financial strategies and contributing to the broader commercial development of a business and leading the budgetary management and control within an organisation.
- Ideally have previous experience of raising finance and working with private equity backed companies and banks, developing and maintaining strong contacts
- Be highly commercial, with proven experience of adding value to businesses
- Have the ability to challenge colleagues in an effective way to facilitate good decision making
- Have excellent written and verbal communication abilities, with highly developed planning and organisational skills, able to use initiative and prioritise work.