£20,000 - £24,000 pa
7 months ago
A successful company based in Stockport are currently recruiting for a Cashier/Sales Ledger Clerk. Reporting into the Credit Manager you will be responsible for managing the Banking Ledger, posting of payments and receipts of cash and reconciling the bank accounts.
You will need to be a well organised person and a good communicator with the ability to work on your own initiative but also play an important role within a busy Finance Team.
- Process the payments and receipts of cash to the correct ledger
- Reconcile approximately 12 bank accounts in varying currencies
- Post the credit card payments from online activities to include Worldpay/Secure Trading/ Paypal / Amazon pay & Amazon Marketplace.
- Manage and post currency exchange differences as part of Month End Routine
- Process and manage the refund of payments either through the bank or credit card company
- Month end bank reconciliations to the General Ledger
- Manage currency balances and highlight when they need reviewing
- Aid with the month end process where needed.
On a Daily basis you will be required to:
- Management of bank statements
- Distribute payment information
- Post agreed payments onto correct accounts
- Post purchase ledger DDR payment and receipts
- Post any Journal Payments/receipts
- Post payments for all other currencies
- Daily Bank Reconciliation
- Drop reports for Worldpay, Paypal, Amazon and Amazon Pay – edit and post
- Reconcile Amazon bank account
- Post Secure Trading refunds
- Process refunds
- Check suspense
- Keep Filing
- Send Cheques to bank
- Post any Euro cheques
Monthly tasks include
- Journals for exchange differences, suspense accounts and petty cash
- Make sure all bank accounts up to date, reconciled and closed
- Management of Bank reconciliations and exchange differences
- Month End Processes and closing cashbook.
- Check and organise petty cash
- Check payments & refunds working closely with Credit Control
Please note, should feedback not be received within 28 days due to the large volume of applications, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.