My client, originally founded in 2005, is a consumer lender in the Nordic region.The business is now backed by a leading global investment firm who are planning to increase equity investment by 4x and grow the balance sheet by 5x over the next 3-5 years. The business currently employs 50 people in three locations, compliance is currently led out of London by the investment firms group compliance function supported with a junior local presence.
Given their ambitious plans, they are now looking to recruit a Head of Compliance who will be responsible for executing compliance requirements regionally and locally and sit as part of the second line of defence in the Company. You will make regional, country-specific and local decisions necessary to assure or require compliance by the Company and its employees across the region.
Key responsibilities include:
· To provide effective support to the business in the understanding of and implications from, changes to any regulatory matters, ensuring effective challenge, influencing and advice
· To take responsibility for driving, delivering and implementing legal and regulatory changes in the business, ensuring the effective management of conduct risks through compliance monitoring is achieved
· To take responsibility for review, challenge and sign off of all customer and non-customer facing documentation, regulatory training materials and policies, working with key stakeholders ensuring regulatory requirements are effectively in place
· Early presence on projects ensuring regulatory matters of relevance are considered and any implications are understood
· Develop the Compliance Strategy and plan, ensuring successful delivery
· Prepare gap analyses against regulatory papers, consultations, decision notices, occasional papers as and when these are published
· Develop a robust and up to date compliance manual
General Compliance Functions
· Execute Global Compliance Program & Local Compliance Policies.
· Manage Compliance matters on a risk based approach.
· Perform Enhanced Due Diligence.
· Regulatory Reporting.
· Law Enforcement Requests management.
· Regulatory Outreach.
· Perform Onsite Compliance Oversight Investigation.
Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing Program (AML-CT)
· Implementation and/or changes to the global AML-CT Policy and drive changes into local AML-CT Policy.
· Provide recommendations to employees on AML-CT duties and legal obligations.
· Coordinate with Compliance Analyst monthly AML analytics.
· Assure employee AML-CT training has been completed by employees and Management staff.
· Perform data protection compliance monitoring.
· Escalate to Compliance Management cases identified of noncompliance with applicable Data Protection Policy.
· Provide recommendations to employees in relation to Data Protection Policy and ARCO Policy when required.
· Assist Nominated Data Protection Officer in fulfilling Regulatory inquiries.
· Assist Compliance Management in case of Regulatory Inspections.
· An experienced and determined senior manager working at an equivalent level preferably working with Online businesses in financial services
· Highly developed and effective communicator both verbally and in writing, exhibiting good questioning and listening skills
· Highly developed influencing skills and the ability to challenge at all levels of Executive and Senior Management
· Excellent inter-personal skills to enable effective communications and working relationships both internally and externally. Fosters good working relationships, listens and respects the contribution of others. Trusted by others.
· In depth understanding and ability to interpret FCA and other regulatory requirements
· High energy, self-starter with strong leadership skills.
· Strong interpersonal skills that are commercially orientated with the ability to build key relationships at an enterprise and operational level.
· Leadership qualities.
· Able to identify innovative solutions that will help the business and function grow and develop
In terms of location, the ideal candidate could be based in any one of the 3 office locations in Finland, Stockholm or Helsinki.Salary is entirely commensurate with experience and will reflect the significance of the role.
MERJE have been appointed exclusively on this role.
Please note, should you not receive feedback 28 days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.