£80, 000 - £85,000 pa
22 days ago
MERJE is looking to recruit a Business Manager within the Wealth Management side of our client’s operation based in Manchester City Centre, with ongoing hybrid working to be confirmed.
- You will be responsible for providing comprehensive business management to the IMS department, working closely with all members of the Investment Management Team to facilitate the effective management and ongoing development of the department.
- You will be responsible for supporting the delivery of the strategic plan, taking ownership of various initiatives to enhance the commercial framework and wider operating model within the business area.
- Primary point of contact for both Management within the Investment service and corporate functions.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Develop a close ‘go-to’ working relationship with key stakeholders within both the immediate management team, the broader investment manager community, and other corporate functions.
- Support in the development and production of the Business and Strategic Plans aligned to the overall Group strategy.
- Support and manage the implementation of various projects and initiatives designed to enhance both the commercial framework and the operating model of the Investment department.
- Utilise MI, financial data, and business intelligence to inform management decision making and the development of any required implementation plans, playing a key role in such implementations
- Support Directors, assisting them in utilising MI, financial data, and business intelligence to manage their teams as well as wider enhancements to the operating model
- Support the Investment Management team to ensure teams adhere to Group policies and procedures in conjunction with Oversight, Controls & Monitoring functions.
- Work closely with all corporate functions, particularly Middle Office, Commercial Analytics and Finance to ensure high levels of support are provided to the service.
- Be a key partner to internal corporate functions to ensure issues are addressed in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Co-ordinate and respond to all appropriate actions such as audits and regulatory matters.
- Preparation of any Board, ExCo and Committee papers as directed.
- Ad hoc business/project work as directed.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Educated to degree, or equivalent, level.
- Experience of working in financial and/or professional services organisations, ideally wealth management.
- Experience of operating across all levels of an organisation.
- Experience and knowledge of full regulatory guidelines and conduct
Knowledge & Skills:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with individuals at all levels. A skilled negotiator.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Proactive approach, including the ability to stay one step ahead and to pre-empt where possible.
- Highly organised with an analytical approach to business decision making.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of financial data and MI
- Articulate and diplomatic with a strong team ethos.
- Resilient and calm under pressure, with the ability to challenge effectively.
Please apply online today for more information.
Please note, should feedback not be received within 28 days due to the large volume of applications, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.