£40,000 + Bonus and benefits
2 months ago
My client is looking for a Business Development Manager to support the objectives through the achievement of individual targets for products and services that they focus on.
To provide referrals for the short term and long term savings products, whilst building and maintaining relationships with key influencers, business organisations and key individuals, in order to maximise sales opportunities. Proactively promote them to the community within the assigned post code area. Manage the office, and adhere to all regulatory requirements.
- Achieve the individual agreed sales targets for the finance products.
- Demonstrate a passion for the delivery of sales and service that exceeds the expectations of the customer
- Produce and work to a Sales Action Plan signed off by the Line Manager which supports the strategic objectives.
- Take proactive corrective measures when required to ensure that personal performance is in line with departmental and individual targets.
- Ensure that all parts of the HPP sales process which are influenced by the role are delivered within agreed Service Levels (SLA’s)
- To liaise with Marketing to ensure that promotional expenditure is supporting sales through the BDM team
- To build effective relationships with all areas of the business and in particular the other Sales teams, Branches, Contact Centre, Marketing, Credit Risk and Operations Departments.
- Maintain a comprehensive knowledge of the assets and liability products and a working knowledge of competitor products
- Develop and manage profitable long term relationships with local key business influencers and community organisations within the target demographic.
- Co-ordinate and deliver presentations, seminars, briefings to individuals and groups in the target market
- Work closely and communicate effectively with other sales channels including coaching of individuals to source leads for the secured finance products.
- Comply with the policies, FCA regulations, the UK legal framework and Sharia principles
- Comply with the T&C and Compliance regime
- Ensure all contacts and sales opportunities are correctly entered into the sales management system – Salesforce and updated on a regular basis
- Comply with the risk procedures and criteria to ensure this area is managed according to company objectives
- Package the secured finance products in line with the requirements set by the Bank.
Experience, skills & Knowledge
- Language skills such as Urdu, Punjabi or Bengali
- CeMAP qualified
- A general understanding of Islamic Finance and Banking
- Experience of successfully selling financial services products in the UK
- Knowledge with the UK mortgage industry and mortgage selling regulations
- Understanding with modern retail banking and knowledge of the regulatory framework
- Proven track record of delivering compliant sales against target through self-generation of leads and referrals
- A demonstrable set of sales skills and a self-awareness of how to sell
- Strong business awareness and experience of working with community organisations and key influencers in a business development role
- A good understanding of Islamic values and culture
- Excellent networking and customer relationship management skills
- Team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be passionate about service quality
- Key qualities of Self-motivation, persistence and follow up
- Organised and able to adhere to deadlines
- Analytical, innovative and enquiring approach and the ability to work autonomously and take initiative where required.
- Excellent oral and written communication, facilitation skills and ability to present confidently and to work effectively with staff and management at all levels and to engage and manage stakeholders, developing effective relationships at all levels effectively.
- Assertiveness and the knowledge, strength and ability to discuss, explain and support a decision, or other role specific matters of a technical nature, to a range of audiences of varying seniority.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office packages
- IT literate with the ability to effectively use all Bank proprietary systems relevant to role.