2 months ago
My client is looking for a Business Development Manager to lead the business development activity to acquire new customers within one of their major divisions. Initially reporting to the UK Regional Director, however working closely alongside the Field Sales and Commercial Teams.
• Generate and manage pipeline creating new volume opportunities.
• Network, cold call and work with regional sales teams to identify prospective customers.
• Prepare proposals, working with Marketing to ensure we have first class customer collateral to support business development activities.
• Work with the Commercial Team to structure commercial pricing for new customers.
• Manage the Sales Consultant to ensure the existing customer base is well serviced and regularly reviewed.
• Work closely with Credit to ensure that risk is managed appropriately, and the company’s position is secured and protected for potential exposure.
• Drive the innovation and strategy of the UK product based on customer feedback, market dynamics and commercial opportunity.
Skills & Experience
• Ability to negotiate with senior stakeholders in prospective companies.
• Strong presentation skills and able to effectively pitch for business
• High level of commercial acumen
• Self-starter – ability to operate in the field and source own opportunities
• Track record of sales/business development targets being achieved through self-generated activity