Competitive plus excellent benefits
3 months ago
Financial Services business, located in the West Midlands, and looking to hire a Business Continuity / Operational resilience Manager to join a newly created Operational Resilience Team. This team is part of the wider Operations function, and plays a vital role in ensuring the business can identify, remediate, monitor and report on operational resilience related risks.
Key responsibilities include:
- Contribute to the on-going development and maintenance of the Operational Resilience Framework, ensuring a consistent approach and execution across all functions and locations.
- Collaborate with business functions in completing annual Business Impact Assessments (BIA) and development of Business Continuity Plans (BCP), using the firms dedicated Business Continuity software. Provide independent challenge to the assumptions of each 1st line business function.
- Conduct threat risk assessments to help estimate the likelihood and impact of a range of industry, location and specific risks. Focusing planning and testing on the more likely / higher impact incidents that the Group may be exposed to.
- Write reports to summarise testing activities, including descriptions of goals, planning, scheduling, execution, results, analysis, conclusions, and recommendations.
- Support the development and implementation of an on-going training and awareness programme to ensure that knowledge is developed and proportionate, based upon the needs of the Group.
- Contribute to the design, implementation and monitoring of internal indicators and metrics which enable the firm to understand and improve its performance and assess its efficiency and effectiveness.
- Collaborate across the business, to continually identify the operations, processes and technologies required in building and maintain optimal recovery plans/arrangements
- Demonstrable knowledge of the regulatory landscape, applicable business continuity and resilience standards and industry good practice and standards
- Demonstrable knowledge of the BCM lifecycle with experience in the implementation and management of business continuity in a financial services environment
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills as appropriate for the needs of the audience
- Excellent organisational skills; ability to balance priorities to meet multiple deadlines
- Detailed knowledge of the workings of similar Financial Services organisations
- Competitive Base Salary
- Discretionary annual bonus
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Contributory pension (8% employer 5% employee)
- Life Assurance (4x salary) plus Group Income Protection
- Private Medical Insurance and Medical Cash Plan