My client is looking for a Business Analyst to support the delivery of core products, systems, processes and associated business initiatives, for small scale business process improvements and Change initiatives and programmes. The role holder will be responsible for identifying functional and non-functional requirements against the agreed internal and external change need.
The Business Analyst will be responsible for the facilitation, capture, analysis and challenge of business requirements; documenting and discussing potential solutions; requiring extensive liaison with both internal and external stakeholders. The role holder will identify and understand business change needs, creating Business Requirements; and being responsible for ensuring that projects deliver to agreed and signed off requirements.
• Produce high quality business requirements from a functional and non-functional perspective that are accepted and approved within agreed timelines and objectives.
• Identify key stakeholders and resources needed across the business and third parties to support the successful delivery of accurate and detailed business requirements from a project and change perspective.
• Work to agreed policy and procedures and where applicable contribute to the continuous development of business procedures and operating frameworks.
• Lead and facilitate system, process improvement workshops and resolve scoping issues and stakeholder conflicts.
• Engage with a wide range of stakeholders across the Group and third parties to ensure requirements are understood and are being met, or where gaps are identified, are raised appropriately and resolved.
• Delivery of end to end traceability against quality business requirements and system/functional specifications using appropriate tools and templates.
• Collaborate in the planning, design, development and deployment of new applications and enhancements to existing applications.
• Engage with key stakeholders to influence the solution of design to meet business goals, scope and strategy requirements; clearly documenting and managing identified risks and key decisions needed.
• Provide source material for preparation and maintenance of user manuals and other related documentation.
Experience, knowledge and skills:
• Equivalent to 5 years previous experience as a Business Analyst within the Financial Services industry is essential
• Equivalent to 3 years previous experience as a Systems Analyst is desirable
• Equivalent to 3 years practical experience of gathering requirements in an Agile delivery environment building Epics and Stories is desirable
• Equivalent to 2 year previous experience of working with Mortgage and Savings, products and systems is essential
• Previous experience working with offshore operations is desirable
• Excellent practical knowledge of utilising various tools, techniques & processes for elicitation and management of Business Requirements is essential
• Excellent practical knowledge and understand of, and compliance with, regulatory requirements and Risk Management policies is essential
• Excellent practical knowledge of Waterfall change methodology is essential
• Good Practical knowledge of Agile change methodology is desirable
• Good change management skills and ability to support & adapt within a changing environment is essential
• Excellent knowledge of savings and mortgage products is essential
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Word, Project, PowerPoint and Excel is essential
• Excellent analytical, mathematical and creative problem solving skills is essential.
• Detailed knowledge of the Project Lifecycle, Project Methodologies and Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) is desirable
• Understanding of data flow and data lineage modelling is desirable
• Understanding of Quality Centre & JIRA exposure to client servers and web technologies, oracle and SQL Server databases is desirable
Please note, should feedback not be received within 28 days due to the large volume of applications, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.