A Business Analyst is required for a leading offshore law firm based in Jersey. The Business Analyst will be part of the Risk and Compliance function providing expertise in relation to systems, projects and testing together with the production of Management Information and implementation of efficient processes and procedures. The Business analyst will report to the MLRO.
Responsibilities / Requirements of the Business Analyst include:
• Business Analysis/Systems: To assist with the implementation and maintenance of robust systems and controls in relation to sanctions screening, online training, and recording of client information for AML/CFT, sanctions, customer due diligence information and other relevant regulatory requirements with the ability to recommend improvements and carry out user acceptance testing acting within the specialised remit AML/CFT and sanctions
• Sanctions:Working with the management team to ensure an effective framework for sanctions screening exists maintaining a good working knowledge of systems, processes, and controls. Helping to promote the right working practices and culture in this area is a key part of this role. Supporting the MLRO/MLCO with decisions referred in respect of new client take on where sanction considerations are necessary. Considering and making decisions in relation to potential sanction screening matches generated by the automated screening system and on-going testing of the same for robustness as part of the wider sanctions framework.
• Suspicious Activity Reports: Conducting initial SAR investigations, drafting conclusions, and supporting the externalised reporting process including liaison with the relevant authorities, as necessary
• Customer Due Diligence: Assisting with technical referrals for more complex CDD queries arising from new business take on enquiries as necessary when volumes dictate
• Police Liaison Notices and Court Production Orders: Handling the collation of information meeting the timelines imposed by the relevant authorities
• Training: To assist with the preparation and delivery of online and face to face training to support the developing compliance culture and competence of all employees in relation to sanctions, suspicious activity reporting and customer due diligence and other relevant subjects as they arise
• Management Information: To support management with the production of comprehensive and accurate reports for the attention of relevant Boards committees in relation to relevant AML/CFT and sanctions processes and controls
• Projects: Grasping the opportunities presented by internally and externally driven regulatory projects to work in the capacity of and towards becoming an AML/CFT and sanctions subject matter expert in relation to the on-going improvement of our policies, procedures, systems and controls
• Excellent analytical and data interrogation skills are a prerequisite for this role
• Ideally experience in an anti-money laundering role with a good knowledge of Jersey AML/CFT legislation
• Experience with CDD, take-on procedures and RiskScreen screening tools required
• Good knowledge of Microsoft applications, particularly excel, and other AML/CFT and sanction screening systems
• Basic knowledge of law firm matters relating to corporate, property, probate and fiduciary clients is desirable but not essential
• Experience working in a project environment is preferred
• ICA Diploma in Anti-Money Laundering or equivalent is desirable but not essential
Please note, should feedback not be received within 28 days due to the large volume of applications, unfortunately, your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.
If you would like this job advertisement in an alternative format, please contact MERJE directly.