£30,000 - 35,000 pa
15 days ago
We are looking for candidates who are motivated to succeed, with a keen eye for detail and a genuine interest in the hard asset lending business.
You will assess new bridging loan applications from various sources, ensuring that they meet our clients credit policy and are in line with the business’ current lending appetite.
The position requires high attention to detail, a good understanding of property & borrower risks and you will need to be diligent. We want you to be alert to our risks and have a natural curiosity for what we do and why our clients come to us.
- Assess initial enquires from potential borrowers and preparation of indicative offer
- Underwrite bridge loan applications within company lending criteria and funding partners’ guidelines
- Prepare detailed credit proposals for submission to the credit committee
- Recommending appropriate mitigation of risks where possible
- Help to continuously improve the underwriting process and documentation (policies & manuals)
- Conduct due diligence on properties and borrowers
- Ensure all data on our back-office loan processing systems are up to date
- Assist with post-completion tasks when required
- Create and maintain clear lines of communication between the credit team, clients and instructed agents (Surveyors and Solicitors)
- Follow and keep up to date with current regulatory requirements
- Ensure documentation is collated and stored in line with Company policies
- Work on additional projects for the business when required
- Provide training to colleagues to ensure knowledge is shared and promote best practise
- High attention to detail, a good understanding of property / borrower risks
- Will need to be comfortable in working with Excel (formatting, formulas)
- To be a self-starter with a positive and passionate attitude
- You are confident, outgoing, communicative and self-motivated
The successful candidate will have worked a minimum of two years as an underwriter in the bridging finance industry.
Please note, should you not receive feedback within 28 days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.