£60,000 - £70,000 pa
about 1 year ago
Provide an overarching scope of solutions, the high-level capabilities required and the direction of supporting tools and technology. You will be supported by two BI Analysts reporting directly into you and will closely oversee the functional analysts across the business as part of your responsibility for the direction and overall quality of output of the data insight squad.
Key responsibilities include:
• Create and implement an ongoing organizational BI strategy; ensure the BI team implements and utilizes industry best practices and technology required to provide insights, analysis and reporting for the company.
• Decide how to measure and evaluate the business model, objectives and strategies, defining and controlling KPIs and tracking metrics for evaluation across the organisation.
• Build and manage the Business Intelligence team - with direct reports and extended analysts; helping to develop a high-performance culture in which these analysts can thrive.
• With the support of HR, oversee the development of a competency model, progression framework, onboarding and training materials for the individuals in the BI team; identify external L&D opportunities and coordinate.
• Build strong relationships with stakeholders across Marketing, Product, Commercial, Finance and Technology; Serve as strategic advisor and enabler across the organization to achieve departmental objectives.
• Own and maintain the company-wide MI reporting framework, implementation and cadence.
• Manage the process of on-time, high quality production of MI reports and insights.
• Become a subject matter expert in the customer lifecycle, performance funnels, data tracking and the governing business logic of the platform; Develop a keen understanding of cycles of engagement and monetisation and how these patterns shift over the customer lifetime.
• 5+ years’ experience in analysis and reporting
• Not just strategic but solid hands-on knowledge of SQL
• Strong business judgement and an understanding of what drives business value in mass-marketing consumer applications
• Knowledgeable about, and interested in, recent developments in the tools and technologies available to BI and how these can be best used in small, agile environments
• Open to working with the toolset (Looker, Snowflake) rather than starting from scratch
• An outstanding communicator and presenter: whether it’s communicating complex, data-driven topics to our senior leadership and Board, or sharing the latest news with the team at a breakfast presentation
• A track record of effectively managing and coaching direct reports as a hands-on practitioner-manager
• A track record of influencing people and changing behaviours; acting as a role model in the business and setting high standards for yourself and others
• You’re outcome-oriented: with a proven ability to identify opportunities and pursue them to realization
• Considerable project management and service delivery experience, being able to manage and communicate priorities effectively to meet the needs of wider stakeholders
• Comfortable with operating in cross-functional, agile squads
Please note, should you not receive feedback 28 days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.