£175 per day
10 months ago
The role of the Complaints Handler is to ensure the accurate execution of the client complaint process. The role consists of; the logging and tracking of client complaints and escalation to expedite resolution.
The Complaints Handler will be expected to work through each complaint to resolution, ensuring a fair and correct outcome is reached in line with the relevant industry practices and regulations. This will involve working collaboratively with a range of business partners, to ensure all outcomes are reached in a timely manner.
It is essential that close collaboration with the Client Service Advisors is maintained.
There is a need for the individual to have a good understanding of general banking practices as each complaint will need to be classified in line with PSR, PSD2 and MiFID requirements and during disposition close attention must be paid to the Treating Customers Fairly policy.
The Complaint Handler must be able to demonstrate experience in the ability to identify and resolve client problems/issues, and product and service issues alongside building and nurturing client relationships. All our Clients employees have accountability for understanding and adhering to bank policies and procedures, compliance with legal and regulatory requirements are also critical components in this role.
A “continuous improvement” focus is required to drive improvements in efficiency and to spot opportunities to automate, simplify and streamline in order to enhance the client experience.
- Day to day responsibility of the Complaints Mailbox, ensuring all new complaints received are logged.
- The individual will be responsible for working their allocated complaints end to end, ensuring a thorough investigation has been carried out.
- Classification of complaints and determination of the ultimate resolution and subsequent communication in line with guidelines.
- Liaising with internal business partners to drive towards complaint resolution.
- Responding to complaints received via telephone, email or face to face.
- Progressing complaints within FCA regulated timeframes.
- Ensuring exceptional levels of client service at all times.
- Prompt escalation of complaints that have breached the Clients Complaints Handling Procedure.
- A-Level qualifications or above
- Previous experience of client complaint handling
- Enthusiasm for delighting clients
- Experience in banking operations or a prior client facing role
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem solving, organizational, prioritization, decision-making, and conflict resolution skills
- Positive energy, “spirit of collaboration” and partnership
- Proactively build internal relationships and collaborate with others
- Excellent communication abilities, including strong written and verbal skills, and the ability to explain complex issues and convey information, both internally and externally, in an articulate and professional manner