MERJE are exclusively working with a leading professional services company in the search for a talented Auditor to create and lead the Audit function across the group.
Reporting directly to the Group Head of Risk and Compliance this is a new role to build, manage and deliver the internal audit programme across the legal function and the wider professional services group, supporting internal systems and controls in respect of legal and regulatory obligations and in line with quality standards accreditation.
Key responsibilities include:
- Engaging with operations to plan and deliver audits
- Managing / delivering internal audits across the group
- Reporting findings and recommendations to senior decision makers and other stakeholders and keeping organised records to support decision making
- Supporting Lexcel, ISO and ad hoc client audit requests
- Providing audit advice/support to the Risk & Compliance team
- Contributing to continual improvement of audit processes
- Working with the firm's Risk & Compliance and Learning & Development teams, to share knowledge and support compliance with policies and procedures
- Supporting the enhancement of policy, processes and procedures in line with audit findings and other identified need.
Previous experience and qualifications:
- Internal audit qualifications
- High degree of practical experience in managing, leading and delivering internal audits, including in respect of Anti Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing
- Previous experience in a law firm or other professional services environment in a lead role (as a consultant / lead auditor/Manager in the internal audit team)
- Keen attention to detail
- Confident and resilient compliance professional, with high standard of written and spoken communication skills
- Ability to engage appropriately with people at all levels of seniority
- Ability and experience of handling challenging situations
- Good understanding of how risk and compliance play a role in good governance
- Organised and highly proficient with IT systems
- Ability to work under pressure
- Commitment to working in an ambitious and dynamic environment, focused on high quality outcomes/outputs and continual improvement
- Supervisory experience desirable
- Knowledge of Lexcel and ISO9001 and ISO27001 desirable.
Please note, should feedback not be received within 28 days due to the large volume of applications, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.