Established Financial Service organisation in picturesque Cumbria require a talented Senior Auditor/ Audit Manager focussing on conduct and operational risk.
The organisation is undergoing an ambitious transformation programme with Internal Audit playing an important role by providing assurance over the activities across the organisation including new and emerging strategic deliverables.
Key responsibilities include
• Effectively applying risk-based planning methodology
• Own and supervise the delivery of assigned portfolio of audits
• Support the Head of Internal Audit in building credible, partnership-based, relationships with key stakeholders in aligned BU’s and other assurance functions.
• Act as focal point for building knowledge of aligned/BU’s/audit themes across Internal Audit
• Support the Head of Internal Audit in developing the team‘s talent and maximising its productivity
• Coach and support colleagues within Internal Audit, and across the wider business, as an expert on conduct and operational risks, internal control and risk management matters.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Experience of undertaking audit reviews within a financial services context.
• Knowledge of financial services and risk management.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in a 1:1 and group environment.
• Proven relationship management skills, with a track record of engaging and influencing key stakeholders.
• Demonstrable ability to adapt and deliver in a fast-moving commercial environment.
• Relevant professional qualification (e.g. accounting, internal audit or risk).
Based in Cumbria there is a high degree of flexible working with the expectation you will be in the office on average a minimum 1 day a week.
Please note, should feedback not be received within 28 days due to the large volume of applications, unfortunately, your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.