16 days ago
MERJE is currently working with one of the largest independent practices in the North West who are seeking an ambitious, qualified, Audit Assistant Manager to join their credible team. This position has arisen due to continued growth of the practice and the contact expansion of the audit department.
The Audit Assistant Manager will be responsible for assisting the audit managers with auditing a portfolio of clients, primarily within the corporate SME market, as well as within the charity and academies sector.
This role is suited to someone with previous Practice experience and who is either fully ACCA or ACA qualified.
Key responsibilities include:
- Being trusted to oversee all aspects of audit for a portfolio of clients, reporting to the audit managers
- Opportunities to attend and participate in client meetings
- Review of statutory accounts and tax computations
- Overall responsibility for allocating work to other members of the audit team, working with audit seniors and assistants to ensure that they understand their responsibilities and that any areas for development are identified
- Responsibility for producing audit and business reviews which are presented to management at the end of the audit.
Previous experience and qualifications:
- A proven track record of audit experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- IT literacy and good working knowledge of accounting software
- Self-motivation and a proactive and positive attitude to learn and develop
- Experience of coaching members of audit staff on-site
This is a great opportunity for a newly qualified accountant to take the next step in their career and progress through to senior management. Over time your management responsibilities will increase along with the opportunity to oversee an audit portfolio as audit manager.
Please note, should feedback not be received within 28 days due to the large volume of applications, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.