MERJE is pleased to be partnering with a vibrant, dynamic and award-winning firm of Chartered Accountants, in their search for an Audit and Advisory Assistant. They have ambitious growth plans and have set the goal to be the best firm of chartered Accountants in the North-West.
The Audit and Advisory team work with a wide range of exciting and interesting clients - principally owner managed businesses and subsidiaries of international businesses, law firms and charities. The ideal candidate will be looking to progress their career and will ideally have experience of working on a range of accounting and auditing assignments.
Key responsibilities include:
- Carrying out preparation of statutory accounts for larger companies within the firm’s portfolio of clients. This will include some corporation tax computations, where assistance will be given as necessary.
- Working on audit assignments (this will be 70-80% of the role), as part of a team, both in the firm’s offices and at client premises which may, occasionally, include working away from home.
- To be involved in the team working on special corporate assignments, such as grant claims, forecasting and interim FC/FD roles.
Previous experience and qualifications:
- Be familiar with the use of recognised software applications (Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills as there will be contact with clients at all levels.
- Have good organisational skills as well as the ability to take initiative and contribute to the effective running of the department.
- Have a minimum of one-year experience in accountancy.
- Be working towards or have attained the AAT, ACA or ACCA qualification.
Please note, should feedback not be received within 28 days due to the large volume of applications, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.