£22,000 – £25,000 pa
almost 2 years ago
A successful, growing SME based in Bolton are currently looking to recruit for an Assistant Management Accountant on a permanent basis. The business is looking for an ambitious individual who is looking to get involved in a very busy, ever changing environment where no two days are the same. This role will suit someone who wants to get their hands involved in all aspects of accounting. You will be working very close to the FC in a small accounts department, therefore exposure to all elements of accounting is guaranteed.
Your key responsibilities will include;
- Ensure the Trial Balance is up to date at each month end
- Preparation of all monthly journals, including accruals/prepayments & payroll
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Prepare monthly management accounts for review by the Financial Controller and Managing Director
- Assist the Financial Controller in preparing the Year‐end audit file to ensure that all information is ready and available in time for the tax filings/statutory audit
- Assist in annual forecasting for P&L /Balance Sheet and periodic revisions
- Weekly Gross Profit reporting
- Investigating variances against forecast
- Modelling of forecast margins
- Daily and month-end bank reconciliations for multiple bank accounts
- Assist in cash flow forecasting
- Liaison with banks and payment providers
- Make payments at the bank
- Responsibility for petty cash including maintenance of petty cash records and completion of a cash reconciliation at each month end
- Manage Claims process with suppliers
- Quarterly VAT Return and reconciliation to Sage
- PAYE/Corporation Tax reconciliations of liabilities to HMRC accounts
- Preparation of weekly reporting pack
In order to be considered for the role you will be a part qualified Assistant Accountant CIMA/ACCA/ACA or qualified to AAT Technician level. Sage 50 experience as well as excellent Excel skills are essential to the role.
Please note, should feedback not be received within 28 days due to the large volume of applications, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.