£220 per day
8 months ago
My client, a well-established and growing manufacturing company is keen to recruit a Manufacturing Accountant on a 6 month contractual basis.
Reporting to the Financial Manager, duties will include:
- Co-ordinating weekly, monthly and year end stock takes including cut off procedures
- Month end stock reconciliation, ensuring the GRNI accruals balance to stock valuation
- Understand how the end to end systems work through the full manufacturing process including the creation of financial transactions in the P&L and balance sheet
- Responsible for overall stock accuracy, and minimising stock write offs
- Identify any discrepancies with stock postings and adjustments, and conduct appropriate investigations to resolve such issues
Implementation of improved processes and controls
- Investigate and remedy obsolete stock
- Monitoring of purchasing behaviours
- Updating stock codes for Intrastat Data
- Ad hoc reports and investigations
This role will suit someone who is actively studying ACCA/ CIMA with experience in a manufacturing environment, including knowledge around standard costing, bill of materials and stock control (ideally)
Strong interpersonal and communication skills are essential for the role, together with strong technical and analytical skills.
Due to the high volume of applications, unfortunately we cannot reply to all personally. If you have not heard from us within 10 days please assume that you have not been successful this time.