upto £160.00 per day
3 months ago
MERJE are working closely with an industry leading organisation for an Assistant Financial Accountant to join their team on a 6 month contract.
Based in Leeds, the business boasts a friendly environment with excellent commercial exposure.
- To assist on the production of accurate monthly financial and management accounts for specified business units in line with Group deadlines.
- To become familiar working with the Accounting experts within the Record to Report Team on policy, rules and accounting standards that govern the preparation of accurate financial accounts.
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly IPT, VAT returns, providing support and guidance as required to Business Services Finance – Corporate Services.
- To assist/prepare calculations for the recommended level of non-technical provisions required for each financial/statutory period end.
- To provide relevant financial information for first review on a monthly basis to allow the speedy preparation of the management accounts.
- To assist with the process of preparing annual and quarterly forecast submissions to the UK MU, Corporate Centre, along with review with the Senior Accountant and Financial Manager.
- To assist in the year-end financial and statutory returns as per group and industry guidelines as well as the maintenance of year end working files for internal control, group submissions and external audit review.
- The successful candidate is likely to be part qualified in a professional qualification – be it ACCA or CIMA – having completed the managerial stage or equivalent.
- They will be of a graduate calibre
- You will be expected to pursue a significant programme of personal development
- Proven ability to work under pressure and meet stretching and tight deadlines.
- Finance experience with a strong grasp of double entry is necessary for success in the role.
- Must be analytically and numerically minded
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven’t heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.