6 months ago
My client is a big four consultancy searching for A Risk & Capital Management Manager to work closely with Directors and Partners to deliver risk and capital management engagements to investment management clients. Areas of focus include:
- Risk management frameworks
- Articulation of risk appetite
- Risk registers
- Risk and control self-assessments (RCSA)
- Risk monitoring.
The role also includes opportunities to deliver client presentations, contribute to thought leadership, work on business development, assist with project management and coach members of the team.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to:
- Deliver high quality risk and capital management engagements to top-tier investment management firms.
- Know and apply risk and capital management rules and guidance for clients, based on a good understanding of investment management risks.
- Be seen internally and externally as a technical specialist, providing ongoing support and technical assistance to colleagues and clients, building long-term beneficial relationships.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge in areas of specialism and industry trends.
- Prepare and deliver presentations and seminars on risk and capital management to clients and internally.
- Assist with the ‘Financial Reporting by Investment Managers’ publication in respect of the ICAAP, including: drafting of survey questions; analysis of responses; identification of trends; report writing; and participating in client meetings to share findings from the publication.
- Build and maintain a strong network of relationships, for example internally with other risk and capital management specialists in banking and insurance.
- Take on junior engagement management responsibilities, specifically: internal client and engagement risk management procedures; budgeting; and project management.
Below are some example projects that we have worked on:
- Established a risk management framework and risk register for the asset management division of a global investment bank
- Designed a corporate governance structure and risk management framework for a European financial institution across banking, insurance and investment management
- Assisted a global investment manager with addressing issues highlighted by the FCA, including helping design and implement a revised ICAAP
- You will have working knowledge of the financial services industry, in particular the investment management sector (including wealth management).
- You will have experience of working at a consultant, regulator or investment management firm, focussing on operational risk.
- You will have gained a good knowledge of operational risk management frameworks and practices in investment management and other financial sectors.
- You will also understand the expectations of the FCA and how this impacts investment management and other financial services firms.
- You will have had experience with ICAAPs and have a good understanding of CRD IV.
- You will be able to adapt quickly in a fast-paced environment, taking on new challenges, grasping new technical concepts rapidly, whilst delivering work to a high standard of quality and demonstrating strong attention to detail.
- You will have some experience managing and mentoring more junior members of staff.