Cheshire West and Chester
£23,000 - £26,000
10 months ago
Our client is an international retail bank who are currently recruiting for an AML Officer. The role is responsible for ensuring the banks AML controls meet regulatory standards and is reporting directly into the Deputy MLRO.
- Help ensure the Bank’s AML systems and Controls meet or exceed required regulatory standard.
- Be responsible for ensuring the Bank’s systems and controls meet or exceed the required regulatory standards in respect of Data protection and information security.
- Maintain the Bank’s Business Continuity plan up to date, meet or exceed regulatory standards and is fit for purpose.
- Manage compliance/contingency/risk issues within own area of control and for the Bank.
- Help ensure that the business maintains an appropriate level of awareness of AML and to monitor adherence to the firms Anti Money Laundering Policies and Procedures.
- Act as a central point of contact on money laundering issues.
- Draft annual reports to the senior management of the firm relating to the effectiveness of anti-money laundering procedures.
- Provide advice on regulatory issues on areas of responsibility to all areas of the Bank’s business.
- Help arrange, administer and ensure that all staff have appropriate training in relation to money laundering.
- Previous compliance experience within the financial services industry and compliance.
- 2/3 years’ experience of working in a multi-disciplined team across business units.
- Someone with sound knowledge of legislation and regulation surrounding financial crime