£35,000 - £50,000
4 months ago
Job Description - Develop, maintain, and provide analytic support for analytic solutions deployed at our channel partners. The primary focus of this group is to protect the company's core Scoring business.
This Client does not provide sponsorship.
Key Responsibilities of the Analytics Consultant- Modeller
- Designs and develops state-of-the-art, data-driven exploratory analysis as well as predictive and decision models to solve business problems.
- Builds and evaluates predictive and decision models to be deployed in production systems, or for research.
- This includes the analysis of large amounts of historical data, determining suitability for modeling, data clean-up, pattern identification and variable creation, selection of sampling criteria and performance definition, and variable selection.
- Experiments with different types of algorithms and models, analyzing performance to identify the best algorithms to employ.
- Assists with technical product support for new or existing products/services; this includes, but is not limited to, production of sales collateral or ad-hoc investigations initiated by internal or external clients. -Works simultaneously on multiple projects of moderate size and complexity.
- Plans effectively to set priorities and manage projects, identifies roadblocks and works to get them removed, and understands the importance of meeting deadlines.
- Handles communication with internal and external clients as needed.
- Determines appropriate model report format for communication with clients.
- Participates in authoring white papers, proposals and publications.
- May participate in pre-sales support and/or provide post-implementation support.-May deliver formal presentations of work to clients.
- Mentors other scientists and assigns modeling tasks when appropriate.
Ideal knowledge and experience of the Analytics Consultant- Modeller
- A graduate, ideally with a mathematical or statistical degree (or a degree with a high level of quantitative, statistical or operational research content) or relevant experience
- Experience with an analytic solutions or consulting company, and preferably in a client-facing project management capacity
- Knowledge and experience in applying data to solve business problems through quantitative analysis, experience with predictive modelling and optimisation and knowledge of the principles and practices of project management
- Expertise in credit risk management processes, organisation and risk policies.
- Strong expertise in the use of data manipulation and analysis
- Experience with credit risk model developments.
- Strong statistical, data processing and analytical skills
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- An excellent communicator with the ability to explain complex concepts and describe technical material to non-technical users