As an AML Manager you will work closely with the Head of Risk & Compliance and the MLRO to support AML compliance across the business to provide guidance and support to Risk & Compliance and the wider business in respect of AML requirements.
Key Skills, Experience & Responsibilities:
• Keeping up to date with legal and regulatory obligations in respect of KYC/AML.
• Having in depth knowledge of company policies and procedures applicable to AML, client onboarding and ongoing monitoring.
• Demonstrating a good understanding of the business and its aims and objectives.
• Providing expert and constructive support to the business in respect of AML and KYC and acting as a central point of contact in respect of AML issues
• Escalating issues to the MLRO where appropriate.
• Taking responsibility for quality assurance and technical excellence in respect of AML and KYC issues, meeting and promoting quality standards and controls, ensuring consistency of output and appropriate record keeping.
• Understanding our AML policies and procedures, and supporting appropriate application across the business; continuously identifying areas for improvement and promoting technical knowledge and competencies
• Co-operating with Internal Audit function.
• Proactively building and developing relationships with other functions to ensure effective sharing of knowledge.
• Cascading technical knowledge and feedback from the business to Risk & Compliance function, and contributing to bulletins, lessons learnt and feedback loops to support continuous improvement and best practice
• Supporting Head of Risk & Compliance to provide training to the business and undertaking liaison activities, acting as a credible ambassador for Risk & Compliance.
• Ensuring clear and accurate audit trails are maintained to demonstrate steps taken in respect of AML/KYC and to evidence our decision making.
• Drafting communications to the business, using own initiative (with support from Head of Risk & Compliance).
• Assisting colleagues with general administration as and when required, covering for periods of absence.
• Maintaining confidentiality in respect of the business and its clients at all times