AML Analyst required for a large UK Real Estate company based in London. You will be working in the compliance team and be responsible for liaising with internal / external stakeholders and third parties to conduct client due diligence (“CDD”) checks independently according to business requirements.
• Complete CDD checks for their clients and counterparties in accordance with the firms UK procedures using compliance systems, logs, and files.
• Obtain and review information for corporates and private individuals from relevant sources (e.g., Companies House) and determine further information requirements.
• Liaising with internal stakeholders (Fee Earners / Admin Reps) and clients / solicitors to obtain further information where we are not able to obtain the required information from public sources.
• Ensuring CDD checks are conducted within the time frames in accordance with UK procedures and compliance priorities.
• Maintenance of systems for completed CDD checks and the ongoing follow up of incomplete checks.
• Completion of ongoing CDD in accordance with the risk rating of the client, including the processing of compliance system alerts.
• Completion of investigation and a resolution of PEP reviews and sanctions screening alerts as required
• Completion of peer reviews in accordance with self-signoffs and risk assessment protocols
• Occasional travel between offices may be required
Knowledge and Experience:
• At least 4 years prior experience in a CDD/KYC role is essential, with knowledge of all types of corporate structures.
• Proven track record of working to deadlines in an office environment
• Strong administration, research, and problem-solving experience
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• High attention to detail, organisation skills and workload prioritisation
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Self-starter, who relishes challenges and strives for the best
• Focussed: commits to challenging goals and delivers consistently against these
• Strong team player who builds relationships and consults with others, quickly establishes trust and credibility
• A working knowledge of HMRC’s AML guidance is desirable
Please note, should feedback not be received within 28 days due to the large volume of applications, unfortunately, your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.