£10.50 - £12 per hour OTE
5 months ago
Our Client, built on Safety Comfort and Care is one of the Countries’ award winning Independent Ambulance Organisations with a dedication for putting patients first and looking after our staff.
If you would like to be part of a flexible, fun, rapidly expanding Company, who make a real difference to patient care, then this is the job for you. You will be rewarded with a dynamic and challenging work environment with tons of self-satisfaction in knowing you are making a real difference to helping people. Ability to grow and develop, learn new skills and work alongside fellow ACA’s and ECA’s as well as supporting Technicians and Paramedics in an ever developing service. If you are caring, dedicated and hardworking apply today to be a part of our family.
To ensure the effective and efficient day-to-day operation within the patient transport service by coordinating the distribution of patient journeys with Safety, Comfort and Care. Supporting crews by utilising accurate information to ensure the correct needs are met for patients and their journey requirements.
- Understand patient mobility, special needs and staff rosters to allocate appropriate resources effectively.
- Manage time efficient routes on a daily basis, making effective use of resources in order to meet patient requirements.
- Deal with all routine routes in a timely manner so that an appropriate response is provided.
- Liaise with the management team to identify any potential problems.
- Treat all callers with respect, courtesy and cordiality, whilst obtaining relevant accurate information quickly
- Coordinate Ambulance Staff and liaise with customers to ensure an excellent service is offered and delivered
- To ensure utilisation is managed to the highest levels whilst managing costs to the KPIs set.
- Continual analysis of data and functions to recommend business best practice
- Provide support and cover when required for the Team’s holidays and sickness
- Administration and record keeping is kept to a high standard
- Promotes a high level of morale, ensuring the team remain customer focussed maintaining integrity at all times
- Ensure the contracted service is delivered on a timely basis to the required standard in line with policies and procedures.
- Organise and allocate resources to optimise service delivery.
- Provide support and advice to Ambulance Staff, supported by clinical team as required
- Assist in the planning of the shift rosters, ensuring relevant cover throughout the year
- Deal with any and all matters which arise as first point of contact
- Deadlines met for production of data and tasks completed
- Works well within the team
- Flexible, pro-active, problem-solving attitude
- Efficient information/data support service provided to Control Manager where appropriate
- Helpful, pleasant and polite manner to colleagues and customers at all times
- Demonstrate high level of commitment to the provision of an efficient and effective service
- Ability to work to deadlines, at times under considerable pressure, without compromising standards of performance, calm under pressure
- The post holder must not divulge any confidential information to an unauthorised person that they may access during their employment
- Carry out any other duties relevant to the role as directed by your manager
The Ideal Candidate:
- O Level/GCSE in Maths and English
- I.T. Literate (i.e. Microsoft Office Suite)
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar VEHICLE control based role (not CCTV)
- Full driving licence required
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Worked in a fast pace multi delivery environment
- Customer focused
- Good communicator and problem solving skills with strong time management ability
- Assertive, results orientated individual capable of leading a team unsupervised
- Flexible approach to working hours.
- Application of common sense approach
- A caring attitude towards patients and an outgoing, friendly manner, able to show empathy and respect
- The post holder must be willing to undergo suitable training
- Able to deal with multiple tasks and prioritise
- Able to work on own initiative and proactively
- Ability to remain calm and professional at all times
- Working knowledge of CLERIC patient logistics system
- Knowledge of Patient Transport Services
- Experience of working in confidential environment
- Geographical knowledge of the local area to be worked within
- Logistical experience in the transport industry or formal logistics qualifications (NVQ/Other)
- Managed large teams remotely
The successful applicant must be able to work one of the following shift patterns
- 10am – 10pm (4 days on and 4 days off)
- 7pm – 7am (4 days on and 4 days off)