MERJE is pleased to be partnering with a vibrant, dynamic and award-winning firm of Chartered Accountants, in their search for an Accounts and Advisory Director. They have ambitious growth plans and have set the goal to be the best firm of chartered Accountants in the north-west.
This is a brilliant opportunity to join and shape the future of the Bury office at a senior and influential level. This is a great opportunity for someone who shares the firm’s values and wants to influence a growing business as well as providing exceptional service to clients and develop a team.
Key responsibilities include:
- Managing the Accounting and Advisory department, which focuses on owner managed and privately owned businesses, across a broad range of industries with up to (but not exclusively) a turnover of circa £5 million
- Generating new clients to the practice to grow a portfolio
- Delivering great client service, adding value and acting as a trusted adviser
- Working closely with other service lines to provide a joined up and comprehensive service for our clients.
- Leading, growing and developing a team, supporting the strength of the firms’ culture.
- Playing a part in developing advisory skills in the wider Accountancy and Advisory team across the firms’ offices.
- Being an active member of the team, contributing to the management of the firm and its future strategy.
- Enhancing the firms’ brand in the marketplace, attending relevant networking events and creating long-lasting relationships to benefit the firm.
- Leveraging support from the accountancy practice in marketing, client base, referrers, compliance, back office and the professional team.
Previous experience and qualifications:
- A broad range of experience across accounting and tax
- A network of North West referrers and connections and, ideally, a proven track record of personal referrals
- A portable client portfolio
- The ability to think strategically in relation to clients’ businesses and our own business
- Ambition - personally motivated, a self-starter with the drive to succeed.
Please note, should feedback not be received within 28 days due to the large volume of applications, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.