Account Opening Specialist
£25500 + Benefits
Purpose of the role:
Working as part of the Customer Fulfilment team, you will act as an enabler to the company's growth strategy to provide a first-class account opening experience whilst delivering consistently positive customer outcomes.
You will be responsible for processing new account applications for both existing and new to bank customers ensuring the relevant Know Your Customer/Customer Due Diligence requirements are met.
You will be undertaking a range of administrative activities to process new account applications whilst continually improving operational effectiveness and ensuring adherence to the banks policies and procedures observing all Anti Money Laundering/ Anti Bribery & Corruption/ Fraud/ Sanctions and regulatory requirements.
- Completion of daily tasks relating to account opening through managing daily work and queue volumes. You will be responsible for accurately processing new account applications in a timely manner ensuring that procedures are followed as well as meeting service standards and regulatory requirements.
- Processing new account applications and collating and evaluating KYC information provided.
- Contact the customer directly where required or needed to ensure timely return of KYC information to progress with account opening.
- Contacting customers proactively if they require help completing an application for a new account.
- Working closely and collaboratively with Relationship managers and Commercial banking Officers to ensure a smooth customer experience.
- Consult and escalate to Financial Crime team where appropriate ensuring all relevant information is obtained by the account opening team regarding the customers risk status
- An understanding of Financial Services products and regulations – ideally gained via experience in a customer-based processing environment within a Bank
- Requirement to learn about all aspects of banking products, processes, and Unity’s social ethos.
- Operational knowledge of bank processes and key regulatory/legal issues
- Banking technology, payment systems and processes, telephony etc
- Relevant KYC/AML experience in banking
- Analytical skills in respect of all client types
- Processing skills and ability to work to deadlines with a high degree of accuracy
- Good communication skills
- Knowledge of Dow Jones/ CIFAS/Equifax systems, Anti Money Laundering regulations, Anti Bribery & Corruption regulations, PEP regulatory requirements, Customer Data capture requirements
- Profit share scheme
- 30 Days holidays plus the opportunity to buy and sell
- Life Insurance
- Pension scheme
- Hybrid working