If you would like to work at MERJE, please email your CV to email@example.com and let us know if there's a specific role you're interested in.
Who are we?
MERJE is a culmination of outstanding industry expertise, drive to be different, ambition to be better and commitment to valuing our people.
Our teams across London, Manchester and Glasgow are dedicated to delivering exceptional and adaptable recruitment services to a wide range of clients and candidates throughout the UK. Our consultative professionals have built up unrivalled knowledge in their specialisms and our support function is devoted to enabling seamless recruitment processes. All of this has come together to form an award-winning, market-leading team with a spectacular reputation in the market.
MERJE came to life in 2011 when its founders decided to create an operating model that was different from the rest - a recruitment firm free of KPIs, arbitrary targets and micromanagement and instead focused on leveraging industry expertise to make lasting and effective placements and foster meaningful, long-term relationships with clients and candidates.
Holding these values at the core of our business has helped us to achieve significant commercial success over the past 10 years and, following recent expansion into new disciplines and UK territories, our strategic plans for 2021 and beyond involve adding more key members to our teams.
We have big ambitions, move at a fast pace and encourage a supportive, collaborative atmosphere where every individual, no matter their background, has equal opportunity to thrive and feels valued. If you are looking for a chance to elevate your career to the next level whilst truly enjoying your day-to-day life, this is the opportunity for you!
Your to-do list
Whatever position you take on in our business, it is a genuine chance to make a meaningful impact. Our structure and team-focused environment means that you will have every opportunity to succeed in your role and earn fantastic rewards in a relaxed atmosphere where you are afforded the flexibility to simply get on with your job.
In the Resourcer role, you will be:
- Joining the Credit Risk & Analytics team in Manchester, building meaningful, long-lasting relationships with a vast pool of analytical candidates across Financial Services, Banking, Retail, Utilities and more.
- Developing excellent knowledge of Credit Risk & Analytics, staying up to date with market and industry news
- Providing a consultative service to candidates, offering advice and guidance in relation to job searching, CV writing, interviewing and forging a successful career path in their chosen industry
- Market-mapping and building wide talent pools for future vacancies
- Supporting consultants in your team with successfully filling vacancies of a technical nature (analysts, data, developers, etc.), assisting with all stages of the recruitment process: taking briefs, advertising, actively searching for candidates, CV submissions, interview feedback, offer management, etc.
- Having a broader commercial awareness and recognising potential business opportunities that can be passed on to relevant consultants either in your team or in the wider business
- Maintaining recruitment data on the CRM system, ensuring candidate information is full, accurate and up-to-date
Who are you?
We are all about supporting each other to achieve our goals, so to succeed in MERJE you need to be a team player with a positive attitude to work and a willingness to assist your co-workers. This is far from the cut-throat environment that is synonymous with typical recruitment companies.
Our Resourcers need to be:
- Sociable and a strong communicator; confident in conversing with all levels of candidate, from graduates to directors
- Experience forming strong, trusting relationships with technical and analytically-minded individuals, possibly having recruited for IT, Data or Analytics roles previously
- Degree educated with excellent attention to detail and accuracy skills
- Able to utilise recruitment tools and websites to advertise jobs and search for candidates, including creating Boolean searches and using LinkedIn Recruiter
- Able to understand and follow complex recruitment processes, not just internally but the many varying requirements of our external partners and clients such as careers portals, etc.
- Computer literate, strong abilities with Microsoft Office and confidence in ability to pick up in house systems and softwares (e.g. Profile Recruitment system)
Finances – a market-leading commission structure on top of a great base salary
Holidays – a minimum of 25 days’ holiday plus bank holidays AND your birthday off! And the longer you stay, the more annual leave you’ll earn.
Flexible Working – life doesn’t stick to a 9-5 schedule, and neither do we. We promote a mature working environment where we trust you to maximise your output whilst balancing home life, be that through flexible hours or remote working. We also trust you to dress yourself sensibly - you won’t see any suits and ties here!
Super Socials – seasonal gatherings for all of our teams to get together and enjoy some down time, whether that be letting their hair down to party or tying their hair up to get stuck in to some exhilarating activities. Not to mention frequent early finishes and post-work drinks for birthdays, celebrations or just for the sake of it.
Incentives – on top of a great commission scheme, you can earn a range of fantastic bonuses for doing exceedingly good work, some wonderful prizes from a spin of our Wheel of Fortune for going the extra mile AND extra special rewards for your contribution to the business achieving its overall target (what happens in Barcelona stays in Barcelona).
Modern Offices – whether joining our purpose-built Manchester HQ, our vibrant hub in the heart of London or our newly created Scotland team, you’ll love coming to work every day. Think arcade machines, fresh decor, an in-office bar, comfortable break out areas…
Your Future – where do you want to take your career? Whatever you decide, we want to support you in achieving your goals and love to recognise hard work and success with well-earned promotions. With our supportive and highly experienced team, as well as on-the-job, internal and external training, you’ll be a high-flyer in no time!
There’s more – pension contributions, life assurance, healthcare insurance options, cycle to work scheme…
Opportunities for all – we are an innovative, forward-thinking business that wants to stay ahead of the curve in every aspect. We are fully committed to promoting diversity, equality and inclusion and have pledged to hold these commitments at the centre of everything we do as an organisation and as a team.
- Intro Call – an informal chat with your potential new line manager to talk about MERJE and run through your experience and ambitions
- Meet the team – you’ll get to know who you’ll be working closely with day-to-day, and we’ll dive deeper into your achievements, expertise and past responsibilities, as well as answering any questions you have so far.
- Beat the boss – not as intense as it sounds. You’ll have a chat with our down-to-earth MDs and potentially other key members of the business about your working style, what motivates you, etc. to understand how you would harmonise with MERJE’s culture.
To apply, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org